Problems relating to council services are best reported on the City’s so called C3 Electronic Reporting System, click the green “Report a Fault” button below.
It is a very user-friendly and you will get a reference number to follow up your complaint.

If you do not get a satisfactory response from , then please contact the CRRA office by phone (021 794 4388), email ( or through the CONTACT US tab where you can write a message and submit it will be forwarded to our email inbox.

A fault reporting system introduced by the City Council is being recognised and used by the public at large.

The C3 Electronic Reporting System is used to direct all service delivery complaints, including out-of-order street lights, potholes, missing drain covers, uncut grass street verges, builder’s rubble on pavements, overgrown open public spaces and other civic issues.

The system is designed to allow residents to keep track of their report’s progress. For example, when a resident reports a missing drain cover or a road pothole, the matter is logged, and they are given a unique reference number.

Complaints made to the City of Cape Town’s call centre are logged through software called SAPS. The complaint is then identified by the Council depot which ensures that the complaint is attended to. If the problem is not attended to in good time, the SAPS system highlights the complaint with a red flag which will not be removed until the issue or complaint has been attended to.

Get your complaint logged by calling 086 010 3089, emailing or SMSing 31373 (max 160 characters). Alternatively, click on the green ‘Report a Fault’ and enter the nature of your complaint/service request.  After clicking submit request, please scroll up and to see the reference number that has been created and which you need to keep.