Elevations 11_SDP_280 rev 1 ELEVATION DIAGRAM
Site Plan SITE PLAN DIAGRAM
Click on the opinion poll button below to give us your feedback.
FACTS ABOUT THE PROPOSED SHOPPING CENTRE AT THE OLD LADIES MILE WASTE SITE – JOIN THE CRRA TO HAVE AN INFORMED AND COLLECTIVE RESPONSE
Click on the attachments above which provide an elevation and site plan.
The following is a summary of facts as presented in the applicant’s motivation:
• Property: Erven 13707/8 which are a portion (23%) of the overall site (including Erf 4724) bounded by Kendal, Spaanschemat River Rd, Ladies Mile, and the M3.
• Owners: Solomon Family Trusts.
• Developer: Shoprite Checkers Property Division.
• Planning Application: (a)To re-zone the properties from Utility to General Business which will allow a retail development and (b) to approve the site development plan (SDP).
• Property area: 14562 m2
• Proposed development: An upmarket commercial retail centre targeting the LSM 7-10 market.
• Building details:
Basement: 1230m2 (non-parking)
Ground Floor: 7448m2
First Floor: 1172m2
Total Floor Area: 9850m2
o Parking (6 bays/100m2) Ground level: 102
Total : 426
o Total coverage: 7811m2
o Maximum height : 10m above M3 embankment
o Style: Modern farm/homestead architecture
o Materials: Mix of facebrick, plaster/paint and steel/glass
• Access: A new traffic circle is proposed at the Ladies Mile/Spaanschemat River Rd intersection
• Job creation (estimated): 150 during construction
350 when fully operational
• Capital Investment : approximately R250million.
• It is unclear as to what exactly the adjacent Efr (Erf 4724) will be used for.
The Constantia Ratepayers’ and Residents’ Association have the expertise to:
• Unpack the full implications of the proposed development.
• Arrange a presentation by the developers and their professional team to members where the proposal will be more fully explained and questions answered.
• Conduct an opinion survey of members and collate the results.
• List alternative uses for the site.
• List the pros and cons of this proposal.
• Submit a formal letter of comment to the City based on the collective opinions of members.
The Future of Constantia is in your hands.